Thursday, September 3, 2009

I really don't like waiting



Our foster care paperwork was sent to the state but a couple things were returned, somehow Gary didn't sign his fingerprints and another form was missing a signature, so we have them fixed and back in the mail. Our railings for our porch have been built and are in the process of being painted and will be installed soon. I have been bitching and whining about having to installing a handrail down the 3 stairs to the landing for our side door. Well we installed it last week and I LOVE it. I would have never thought it would be so nice...can't believe we lived without it for this long.




I still need to install more safety locks in the kitchen. The good ol' safety latches will not work for the foster care regulations. Anything with a "keep out the reach of children" must be kept under lock and key. Luckily I found these awesome magnetic locks that you do not have to drill into the cabinets to install. They are pricey but are super easy to install and can be switched off when not in use, like now when we have no kids in the house.


My new job as branch manager for the American Red Cross has been going good so far, it's just an adjustment getting back into the swing of things of managing my time. I work Monday 9-4, Wednesday 9-4 and Friday 9-3....I know very nice work hours. Actually I wish I could go to work at 8:00 a.m. but my office is inside of a bank and the lobby doesn't open until 9:00. I NEED to get back to the gym and what a perfect time to do it before I go to work in the mornings. Next week I will be in Wichita doing disaster training so that will be exciting.


My college classes are going fine so far, with the exception of algebra. I don't having to study my ass off just to keep up but that's what it's taking. We took a pop quiz this morning in class and I did very well so my perseverance might pay off. I really like the freedom of my other online classes.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Everything seems to be going great!! :)