Monday, January 26, 2009

Insemination Day

Last Friday I had a follies check and I had 8 follies …Yikes! I guess that means that the Femara and Follistim combo worked? Actually only four of the eight will be large enough to produce a mature egg.
#1-9.30
#2-13.27
#3-10.18
#4-13.44
#5-14.8
#6-8.3
#7-8.3
#8-20.3

Saturday night I gave myself the HCG injection and this morning I had my sixth insemination with #38. The procedure didn't got nearly as smoothly as the previous IUI's and it was much more uncomfotable, almost painful. I'm having some cramping and spotting but I will survive.

I start the Prometrium tomorrow. I have not idea what to expect taking medication vaginally. I have to continue taking it 3 times per day until AF shows or a negative pregnancy test on February 10th. The two week wait kills me!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

My personal experience on Prometrium...STOCK UP ON PADS!!!!
Seriously, it's messy.
But since it is more beneficial that way, it's one more cross we gladly bear on this ttc path, right? 4 follicles sounds very promising!

Jess said...

That's great Kim!! I hope to see you get your BFP in 2 weeks!!! :)

C said...

Hi Kim! Nice to meet you & BEST wishes on getting that BFP in 2 weeks. Looking forward to following on your journey!