Friday, January 30, 2009

4 Days past IUI & hate my job

I'm four days past IUI. With all of modern technology why can't they come up with a home pregnancy test that shows +/- immediately? The two week wait kills me. I'm taking Prometrium (vaginally) three times per day and it's so yucky! It's messy and makes me so tired that I'm falling asleep by 8:00 p.m.


This week has been horrible, my supervisor is the worst person I have ever worked with. She is truly an evil woman who does not respect anyone in the office. She will do whatever it takes to make herself shine to the boss. In my eyes a supervisor should be a mentor and and an advocate for the team. I share an office with 2 other women and it's a central gathering place for all of the sales reps to gather as that is where the file are stored, fax machine, shredder, and mail boxes for all of the district employees. In this office there are three desks and mine is facing a wall with my back to the other two desk and my back is to anyone else who might be in the office. So as you can imagine it is like Grand Central Station all day long. Yesterday the she told me that I'm no longer allowed to turn around to see who is behind me and I'm not allowed to talk to anyone that is in the office. WTF? I work from 6:30 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and not to talk to anyone all day long is absolute torture. My "super" has worked there three days longer than I have and these have been the longest 11 months of my life. I have learned a valuable life lesson that money does not equal happiness. I'm in search of a new job but with the economy picking are pretty slim. I will keep you updated!

2 comments:

nicrogers said...

I am also in the 2ww and I agree, we should have a test that will tell us if we are pregnant or not. I have a feeling I am not. For one thing, I tested this morning and got a BFN. I am 10DPO so I guess here is still hope but I have all of those pre-period symptoms so I dont feel very positive.

Sorry about your job. Your supervisor sounds like a quack. If I were you, i would turn my desk around so that you are not with your back facing everyone. That would drive me nuts not knowing who is behind me. Plus, how can she tell you that you are not allowed to turn around? I have never heard anything so stupid.

Rachel said...

Short of putting a neck brace on you, how can she keep you from turning around?!?!
I'm hoping something else turns up for you soon, crappy economy and all.
Once you get that BFP, you won't even care about about that bitch in the office!